This scheme is designed to minimise major mechanical and electrical failures by employing the principle of preventative maintenance, whereby minor faults and component deterioration may be identified early and steps taken to correct such problems before major and costly failures occur.
- - Clean and adjust the brake and clutch assembly.
- - Adjust the lining gaps to the manufacturer settings.
- - Stopping performance of the brake is checked and adjusted.
- - Clean slip rings and fit new clutch brushes if required.
- - Check condition of drive belts, tension or replace if necessary.
- - Drain oil from gearbox and refill with the correct oil specified.
- - Check draw arm bearings and shear bolt condition.
- - Grease draw bearing arm and knife guides.
- - Assess wear on the fly wheel and gearbox bearings.
- - Clean & check the main drive motor, air impellor & cooling fins.
- - Remove, inspect and lubricate knife & brake assembly.
- - Hydraulic ram machines: pipes, ram and linkages checked and cleaned.
- - Pump out hydraulic oil and clean tank of any debris.
- - Clean and refit the hydraulic system oil filter.
- - Refill with fresh oil to the manufacturers specification.
- - Check the ram and pipe work for damage and oil leaks.
- - Check the clamp linkages and cams for smooth operation.
- - Tension or replace the pump drive belts as required.
- - Set with the use of a clamp pressure load cell the static and dynamic foot clamping pressure, in line with the PIAC regulations.
- - Clean the old grease and paper dust from the lead screw and guides.
- - Lubricate the drive and fill the self lube oil pot.
- - Clean and adjust the brake and clutch drive.
- - Replace carbon contact brushes as necessary.
- - Tension and replace the backgauge drive belts as required.
- - Replace the backgauge motor gearbox oil.
- - Set and adjust the backgauge square to cut.
- - Set and adjust the backgauge measurement and cut size calibration.
- - Check backlash in the lead screw assembly.
- - Set and adjust the gauge fin height.
- - Take out and clean the blower air filter, check the pump, solenoid and motor operation, reconnect loose pipes and valves.
- - Consideration given to all aspects of operation and parts including lamps and cover screws. Machine is left clean and checked by the operator.
- - Backgauge controls checked for operation and stopping accuracy.
On completion of each visit we will provide you with a safety certificate -